I’ve been at this blogging lark for four and a half years now and I’ve become more and more aware in recent times how much my perspective on it has changed.
The dominant change is the extent to which I find myself relating thoughts, days, events, photographs, experiences, places, expressions … pretty much everything to different blogs and bloggers I’ve come to know since I started.
I’m not sure if there’s a continuum related to the blogging experience:
1. Dipping tentative toe in water and nervously pressing PUBLISH
2. Seeing the mist rising to reveal the vastness of blogland
3. First ‘hellos’ from fellow bloggers
4. Secret visits to the domains of the ‘great.’
5. Plunging in and leaving comments on blogs of what feel like kindred spirits.
6. Realising that every single blog is different and that bloggers have different aims and ambitions.
7. Posting to please and get the buzz from rising stats
8. Building relationships with fellow bloggers and getting to know their styles, tempos, interests, likes and dislikes.
9. Taking courage to fiddle around with themes, widgets …..
10. Wondering if the time invested in blogging is worth it
11. Taking a blogging break to see what the impact will be
12. Returning to ‘old friends’ and new followers
13. Pausing at a crossroads with various options:
Blog to please
Blog to compete
Blog to connect
I took that ‘Blog to Connect’ road a while back and I guess that’s how I’ve ended up where I am now.
I’d no notion where blogging would bring me when I started out and I’ve less clue now where it will lead in the years to come.
I’d love to hear about about YOUR journey thus far in Blogland.