It was like the first of the Summer wine here in Ireland today and I managed to go for two gorgeous swims in Garrarus.
As I sat on the hot sand this afternoon playing with handfuls of colourful grains, I found myself thinking about the elections to the European Parliament which take place on Friday. More specifically, I was trying to identify the things that matter deeper than deep to me and that I want the MEP for whom I vote to care about and pursue with absolute passion.
My list in the sand read like this:
- Rejuvenate Hope for all those who feel beaten, bowed, stressed and suicidal as a result of the Economic Recession;
- Ensure that everyone has a decent place to live that they can call home;
- Work to significantly improve the quality of life of vulnerable groups in society ~ especially people with disabilities and older people who are feeling utterly confined;
- Seek to protect this beautiful planet of ours;
- Peace, Peace, Peace
- Sincerity, Honesty, Humanity and Humour.
I’ve sat in Garrarus Beach with Grace O’Sullivan who is one of the candidates who is running for election. I know that she would do everything in her power to make deep inroads into my Wish List.
I sincerely hope that she is elected and plenty more like her as we need to make changes to the horrors that are around as well as conserve the brilliant things.
Thank goodness our society has moved to a point where we have a vote that we can cast.
What would be on your List of What Really Matters?