You should do something that will make your heart dance once a day. If you can’t do that because you’re too depressed, then do something that will make somebody else’s heart dance.’ Yoko Ono
I came across this quote from Yoko Ono as I was perusing a book called A Word from the Wise compiled by Rosemarie Jarski (2006). So what makes hearts dance? Here’s the first thoughts that came to me:
1. Running into the waves at Garrarus Beach here in Co. Waterford at sunset ~ whatever the time of year.
2. Smelling hyacinths in bloom
3. Being greeted by our three dogs first thing in the morning ~ a wild flurry of black and white spaniel affection
4. Glimpsing the new moon and making that magic wish
5. Bopping to Freedom Come, Freedom Go sung by the Fortunes
6. Being part of the crowd cheering like crazy as Waterford hurlers go for goal in the All Ireland Championship …..
So what does it take to make your heart dance?