I keep coming across people who say that they have ‘hit the wall’ with blogging and find it next to impossible to motivate themselves to write any kind of a post.
Here are my thoughts on how to beat ‘bloggers block;’
- Bear in mind that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ post;
- Keep a note of possible post topics (ideally in the Drafts Folder with a Working Title) that hit you at the oddest times;
- Aim to post frequently ~ even short, short posts ~ as blogging is rather like fitness and the more you train the easier it is;
- Remember that what might seem absolutely mundane to you could be quite extraordinary and fascinating to your readers;
- Get out and about for inspiration rather than trying to draw it from the Internet;
- Write about things that YOU feel passionate about rather than setting out to ‘please’ your readers;
- Look at the Search Terms that have brought people to your Blog and identify a question that you would like to address/answer;
- Take a pile of photographs and write about an aspect of one of them that appeals to you;
- Write a post and ask your readers what they would like you to write about;
- Invite other bloggers to contribute to your blog;
- Write a post about blogs you really enjoy;
- If all else fails, write a post telling the world about your blogger’s block. You’d be amazed how much support, practical advice and inspiration you’d get!
I’d love to hear YOUR tips for dealing with ‘Blogger’s Block.’